When choosing a camp, it’s important to consider how a teen program works. As our campers become teenagers, they gain more independence, free time, and special activities. Rising 10th & 11th graders will participate in our NEW 4-Week Teen Leaders program. The program will incorporate all the great things camp has to offer with added sports training, leadership opportunities, and two off-site trips.
Our Teen Leader program allows campers to continue improving in their sport of choice — basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, volleyball, lacrosse, dance, flag football, or softball — while also taking on special leadership roles reserved for our oldest campers.
During the Core Sports periods, teens will continue to develop their personal skills and receive individualized instruction from our Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches, focusing on the elements of their game in which they seek to improve. They’ll also serve as leaders and role models for younger campers, helping them to develop their skills and serving as mentors and friends.
Outside of the sports program, teens will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility at camp, such as planning and leading camp activities such as evening programs and Maccabi Cup.
During each session, teens will:
- Build confidence and develop leadership skills
- Practice problem solving, critical thinking, and taking initiative
- Continue developing skills in their Core Sport: basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball, or tennis
- Learn coaching techniques and gain experience working with children
- Assist in leading camp programs like Morning Huddle, Maccabi Cup, Electives, and Evening Programs
- Leave camp for TWO off-site trips
Our teen program runs for two four-week sessions. This program affords our older campers a unique opportunity to develop their leadership and sports skills in a supportive camp environment.
Click here to register your child for our teen program. For more information, call our office at 415-997-8844.